It is possible for students of SOKA University to connect to the internet via university LAN (Local Area Network) such as Wi-Fi and cable.
However, until now, we have had problems that some PCs that infected with a virus attacked the other PCs.
To deal with the problems, if you connect to the internet via cable or university LAN,
PCs have to fulfill these 3 requirements forwards below.
1、Applied the latest Windows Update
2、Installed anti-virus software
3、Installed the latest virus definition files
Please update the Windows Update by yourself.
Follow these steps below. If you cannot update the Windows Update, please come to AE254.
How to update the Windows Update
・Please do not use other programs during Windows Update.
・Make sure to save your files before restarting.
・You need to perform the same steps several times because Windows Update is not completed all at once.
1) Click “Windows” button to open “Control Panel”
Windows8→Push Windows key + X key at the same time to open “Control Panel”
2) Select “Windows Update”
3) Click “Check for updates”
4) Click “Install updates”. “Optional” updates are NOT necessary to install at this time.
5) When updates are successfully installed, click “Restart now” button to restart.
6) Reconfirm “Windows Update” just in case
7) This screen indicates that your computer is up-to-date.